Fugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Fugro employs approximately 10,500 employees in around 60 countries.
The company is currently taking its Procurement activity to a higher level and strengthening its central Procurement team in specific categories of goods & services.
IT at Fugro is also in a transition. IT’s mission is to fully digitalize our solutions and services to Fugro’s clients and staff. The Category Manager will work closely with the Global IT Leaderships Team to realize this ambitious mission.
Fugro currently offers an exciting opportunity with global impact for an enthusiastic and experienced
Procurement Category Manager IT & Telecom (global)
(m/f,40 hours a week)
The main mission of the Category Manager is to ensure significant cost savings by negotiating best-in-class agreements/contracts with IT and Telecom Suppliers (for licences, hardware, external resourcing, phone services,…).
The Category Manager is acting for the bottom line’s benefit of the Fugro legal entities established worldwide that would then purchase directly under the agreed terms and conditions. He/she will also assist Fugro ICT B.V. in its procurement.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, (re-)negotiate, manage global agreements or contracts of the suitable synergetic scope to deliver significant cost savings.
- Assist Fugro ICT B.V. in Procurement of IT goods and services of significant amounts.
- Bring and/or apply Best Practices and ensure they are used for any procurement of IT & Telecom items.
- Keep global track of the Detailed Entity CAPEX Budget/Forecast of IT items.
- Narrow down to Top Suppliers showing potential cost saving and execute the suitable strategy and action plan to secure cost saving’s delivery with involvement at early procurement stage.
- Obtain global transparency and consistency from suppliers (unique price lists, detailed standard offers).
- Invite suppliers, issue and manage RFI, RFQ, tenders as required.
- Grow and manage the Fugro IT & Telecom users and procurement community and share progress.
- Post and maintain all Suppliers related information on the Global Purchasing Share Point.
- Ensure and maintain clean stakeholder mapping within the IT & Telecom organisation.
- Gain legitimacy and act as primary point of contact with the IT & Telecom Top Suppliers.
- Gather user feedbacks and address any escalating claim with Suppliers.
- Analyse the IT & Telecom financial figures to detect trends, patterns, decide area of focus then monitor effective impact of procurement action plan.
- Depending on the work load, priorities and progress, the Category Manager may focus on additional topics or purchasing categories
ROLE INTERACTING WITH:
- Any concerned Fugro person within one of the 50+ IT units across the world.
- Group Procurement Manager
- Global IT Leadership Team chaired by CIO and consist of Regional IT Manager, Chief Security Officer, Global Enterprise Architect, Global IT Services Manager and Global Lead for IT on Vessels
ROLE REPORTING TO:
- Functional: Group Procurement Manager.
- Hierarchical: Global Procurement Manager or CIO (tbd), based in Leidschendam.
- Master degree in Engineering or IT
- Additional procurement / purchasing education (for Dutch people: NEVI).
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or relevant discipline
- Additional IT specialization
Field of Expertise:
- solid IT and Telecom procurement experience in a Global Context (must have).
- Know-how of Best Practices of procurement applied to IT & Telecom (must have).
- 5 to 9 years of multicultural and international experience in IT procurement preferably in a comparable company as Fugro (10,000 employees, 100+ entities).
- Including 3 to 6 years of experience in Procurement / Purchasing with yearly budget >10MEUR.
- Experience with agreement design/management for IT equipment, software, telecom and external staffing
- Demonstrated cost saving capabilities and delivery.
- Equally technical and business minded.
- Sharp tactical negotiator and recognized as such (must have).
- Enthusiast, self-starter/proactive, energetic, reliable.
- (Internal) Customer Focus, excellence driven, result-driven.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) with excellent communication skills.
- Good relationship developer; getting along well with people and putting them at ease.
- At ease in a multicultural environment.
- Ready to roll-up the sleeves.
- Limited travel required.
- Priority will be given to candidates already established in the Netherlands.
- Candidates of interest will be contacted after application closing date only.
- Fugro reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cancel this role anytime during recruitment process.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging position in an international environment;
- A dedicated team with a positive and informal work atmosphere open for innovative initiatives;
- Excellent employment conditions such as: good pension, travel expenses, collective medical insurance and fitness arrangement.
Fugro is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality (other than where work permits may be required), or ethnicity.
Interested? Please apply through our website: https://www.fugro.com/careers/search-for-vacancies/apply/view?vacancyId=2682) or send your CV and motivation letter (incl. reason for applying and notice period) to Stefanie Baldassarri (Corporate Recruiter) before 28th February 2018.